Working families and growing kids: caring for children and adolescents
"Board on Children, Youth, and Families, Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education." "This report is a product of the Committee on Family and Work Policies, a project of the National Research Council (NRC) and the Institute of Medicine (IOM)"--P. vii. A report based on presentations from a one-day October 2001 Workshop on Caring for Infants and Toddlers convened by the Committee, with additional data from other researchers and consultants. Includes bibliographical references (p. 281-326) and index. 1. Setting the stage -- 2. Work and family trends -- 3. Trends in the care of children -- 4. Maternal employment and the family environment -- 5. Effects of child care -- 6. Parental employment and adolescent development -- 7. Effects of welfare reform -- 8. Public policies to support working families -- 9. Findings and next steps. Also available in electronic form via the Internet as viewed 1/12/2004.
- LCC: HV741
- Dewey Decimal: 362.7/0973
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 354 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (PDF)
- Child welfare -- United States -- Congresses
- Children of working parents -- Care -- United States
- School-age child care -- United States -- Congresses
- Child development -- United States -- Congresses
- Work and family -- Government policy -- United States -- Congresses
- Women, Working -- United States -- Congresses
- Family -- United States -- Congresses
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books