Includes bibliographical references (p. 229-237) and index. 1. Postmodernism, Postmodernity and the Postmodern Moment -- 2. Speaking 'Truthfully': Science, Psychology and Subjectivity -- 3. Knowing Oneself: Subjectivity and Mastery -- 4. Subject Disciplines and Disciplining Subjects: The Subject in Education -- 5. Examining the Case: Competences and Management -- 6. The 'End' of the Educational Project -- 7. Education and Textuality -- 8. Telling Stories: The Legitimising of Knowledge -- 9. The End of the Story: Education, Efficiency and Resistance -- 10. The Cultivation of Desire -- 11. Catching the (Last) Post.
- Dewey Decimal: 370/.1
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 246 p. ; 25 cm.
- Education -- Philosophy
- Educational sociology -- Philosophy
- Postmodernism and education
- Critical pedagogy
- Postmodernism -- Social aspects
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books