Since before recorded history, people have tried to find ways to treat diseases and injuries. This volume illustrates the highlights in the process of human healing, from prehistoric attempts to rid the body of evil spirits by drilling holes in patients' skulls to the most modern surgical techniques.
- Dewey Decimal: 610
- Physical Description: 8.5"x11.0"x0.5"; 0.6 lb; 32 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2004-06-01
- Children's Books -- History & Historical Fiction -- General
- Children's Books -- Science, Nature & How It Works -- General
- Children's Books -- Science, Nature & How It Works -- Health -- General
- Children's Books -- Ages 9-12 -- General
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- General
- Medicine -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books