"The goal of XML for Bioinformatics is to provide a solid introduction to the emerging use of XML in the field of bioinformatics. It assumes no prior knowledge of XML, and illustrates all core concepts with specific bioinformatics examples and case studies."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 285-289) and index. 1. Introduction to XML for bioinformatics -- 2. Fundamentals of XML and BSML -- 3. DTDs for bioinformatics -- 4. XML schemas for bioinformatics -- 5. Parsing NCBI XML in Perl -- 6. The distributed annotation system (DAS) -- 7. Parsing DAS data with SAX -- 8. Parsing DAS data with JDOM -- 9. Web services for bioinformatics -- App. 1. Nucleotide base codes -- App. 2. Amino acid codes.
- LCC: QA76.76
- Dewey Decimal: 572.8/0285/674
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xv, 304 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books