Xerophilia: ecocritical explorations in southwestern literature
Includes bibliographical references (p. -251) and index. Introduction: The Southwest : from region to bioregions -- Acequia culture : watershed consciousness and environmental justice in the literature of the upper Rio Grande bioregion -- Border(home)lands : bioregional readings in border literature -- Dignifying the overlooked : invertebrates in southwestern literature -- Re-sensing place : ecological aesthetics, embodied experience, and environmental literature -- Conclusion: Saving Tortugas Arroyo : are words enough?
- LCC: PS169
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xviii, 264 p. : ill., map ; 22 cm.
- Literature & Fiction -- History & Criticism -- Criticism & Theory -- General
- Literature & Fiction -- World Literature -- United States -- Classics -- General
- Literature & Fiction -- World Literature -- United States -- History & Criticism -- General
- Outdoors & Nature -- Environment -- Ecology
- Environmental literature -- History and criticism
- American literature -- Southwest, New -- History and criticism
- Human ecology in literature
- Environmental protection in literature
- Deserts in literature
- Southwest, New -- In literature
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books