Wonderful You is a funny, poignant story about the disintegration and salvation of a modern marriage, and the pressures of trying to have it all. Sometimes life has a way of not working out quite the way you planned. Andrew Shaw's childhood ambition did not involve discussing the best way to give a red setter a makeover on daytime television. Coming home in the evening to virtual strangers, Andrew realises that his children are growing up without him. Desperate to reach out to his family, but unsure how to start, his life seems to be slipping away from him. Catherine Shaw made the impossible choice between her children and her career. At work she could handle the deadlines, the pressure and the endless demands without pausing for breath. So why is she finding it so hard to coax a truculent toddler into pyjamas and remember which stuffed toy is the one called Duncan? Under pressure to be the perfect wife and mother, yet feeling that she is failing at both, Catherine begins to search for new meaning in her life. Trapped in their marriage, their lives and their lies, Andrew and Catherine begin to realise that the answer to all their problems could be right in front of them. Wonderful You is a touching, witty and hopeful story about change, reconciliation and realising that everything you want might be everything you already have.
- Dewey Decimal: 813
- Physical Description: 5.0"x7.6"x1.0"; 0.4 lb; 304 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2005-01-03
Buying This Book
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books