What Counts as Credible Evidence in Applied Research and Evaluation Practice?
What Counts as Credible Evidence in Applied Research and Evaluation thoroughly covers one of the most fundamental issues facing applied research and evaluation practice today � what counts as sound evidence for decision making? An internationally renowned line up of authors explore a wide range of issues that address the fundamental challenges of designing and executing high quality applied research and evaluation studies. Readers will come away from this volume with a new and clear understanding of the philosophical, theoretical, methodological, political, and ethical dimensions of gathering credible evidence to answer fundamental research and evaluation questions across diverse disciplinary boundaries and �real world� contexts.
- Dewey Decimal: 001.42
- Physical Description: 5.9"x8.8"x0.7"; 0.8 lb; 288 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2008-10-22
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Methodology
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Research
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Sociology -- General
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Sociology -- General AAS
- Science -- Education -- Research
- Science -- Experiments, Instruments & Measurement -- Methodology & Statistics
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books