Wetlands Explained: Wetland Science, Policy, and Politics in America
Wetland science is a rapidly evolving branch of ecosystem science, and wetland regulation is increasingly central to conservation policy. This accessible primer offers a broad scientific and sociopolitical view of US wetlands, laying out the science and policy considerations.
Contents; 1. Where We Are, and How We Got Here; 2. What a Wetland Is, and Isnþt; 3. What Wetlands Do, and How They Do It; 4. Water Is as Water Does; 5. Mother Earth; 6. The Cast of Characters; 7. Eye of Newt; 8. Once and Future Wetlands; References; Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; L; M; N; O; P; R; S; T; U; V; W; Electronic reproduction.Available via World Wide Web.
- LCC: QH87.3
- Dewey Decimal: 333.9180973
- Physical Description: 156 p.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)44.5 (NL)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books