War stories: the causes and consequences of public views of war
Includes bibliographical references (p. -313) and index. News, opinion, and foreign policy -- Politics across the water's edge -- Elite rhetoric, media coverage, and rallying 'round the flag -- War meets the press : strategic media bias and elite foreign policy evaluations -- Shot by the messenger : an experimental examination of the effects of party cues on public opinion regarding national security and war -- Tidings of battle : polarizing media and public support for the Iraq War -- "Reality asserted itself" : the elasticity of reality and the war in Iraq -- Barbarians inside the gates : partisan new media and the polarization of American political discourse -- Back to the future : foreign policy in the second era of the partisan press.
- LCC: PN4888
- Dewey Decimal: 070.4/333
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xviii, 329 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk. : alk. paper)
- History -- Middle East -- Iraq
- History -- Military -- Strategy
- History -- Military -- United States -- General
- History -- Military -- Iraq War
- Nonfiction -- Politics -- International -- Relations
- Nonfiction -- Politics -- Practical Politics
- Nonfiction -- Politics -- General
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Media Studies
- Reference -- Writing -- Journalism
- War -- Press coverage -- United States
- Foreign news -- United States
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Public opinion
- Iraq War, 2003-Journalists
- Public opinion -- United States
- Press and politics -- United States
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books