Variety in written English: texts in society: societies in text
Includes bibliographical references (p. -217) and index. 1. Variety and 'Standard English' -- 2. A (very brief) history of English -- 3. Texts in societies: societies in texts -- 4. Some definitional problems -- 5. Cohesion, coherence and register -- 6. Interpreting the language -- 7. Genre -- 8. The case of literature.
- LCC: PE1074.7
- Dewey Decimal: 421
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xii, 221 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (hbk.)
- English language -- Written English
- English language -- Social aspects
- English language -- Variation
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books