Valuing environmental amenities using stated choice studies a common sense approach to theory and practice
This book provides practical, research-based advice on how to conduct high-quality stated choice studies. It covers every aspect of the topic, from planning and writing the survey, to analyzing results, to evaluating quality. Chapters are provided on topics such as supporting questions and experimental design, as well as state-of-the-art multinomial choice modelling, attribute processing, the role of information, and lessons learned from the field of experimental economics.
Includes bibliographical references and index. Getting started / Carol Mansfield and Subhrendu Pattanayak -- Survey methodologies for stated choice studies / Patricia A. Champ and Michael P. Welsh -- Supporting questions in stated choice studies / Alan Krupnick and W. L. Vic Adamowicz -- Making choice studies incentive compatible / Glenn W. Harrison -- How and how much? The role of information in stated choice questionnaires / Kristy E. Mathews, Miranda L. Freeman and William H. Desvousges -- Attribute processing in choice experiments and implications on willingness to pay / David A. Hensher -- Experimental design for stated choice studies / F. Reed Johnson, Barbara Kanninen, Matthew Bingham and Semra ?Ozdemir -- Basic statistical models for stated choice studies / Anna Alberini, Alberto Longo and Marcella Veronesi -- Advanced choice models / Joffre Swait -- Computer software to estimate choice models / Daniel Hellerstein -- Judging quality / V. Kerry Smith. Electronic reproduction.New York :Springer,2007.Mode of access: World Wide Web.System requirements: Web browser.Title from title screen (viewed on Dec. 13, 2007).Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- LCC: HC79
- Dewey Decimal: 333.7
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiii, 336 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Environmental economics
- Willingness to pay
- Environmental policy -- Economic aspects
- Environmental policy -- Cost effectiveness
- Environmental quality -- Evaluation
- Decision making -- Mathematical models
- Consumer behavior -- Mathematical models
- Amenity migration
- Electronic books
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books