"Understanding IT: A Managers Guide by Dave Aron and Jeffrey L. Sampler offers you the opportunity to become familiar with not only information technologies of today, but also the technology of the future. Written in an engaging style, the book explains IT concepts with clarity. In this way it serves as the driving force that will enable you to successfully exploit existing technology and to realize the potential of emerging technologies in your organization. Understanding IT: A Managers Guide is an ideal companion for general business managers and for students of management, particularly at MBA level."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references and index. Preface: Why general managers should understand more about IT -- 1. Introduction: The importance of information technology -- 2. What a computer is -- 3. How software works -- 4. The role of networks and the Internet -- 5. The Web and e-commerce: The transition from information superhighway to transaction superhighway -- 6. The mobile/multimodal Internet -- 7. The future of IT -- 8. The near future -- 9. Concluding thoughts -- App. I. Glossary of IT acronyms -- App. II. Network communications speeds -- App. III. Commonly used computer languages -- App. IV. IT literacy test for managers.
- Dewey Decimal: 004/.068
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: x, 186 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Information technology -- Management
- Electronic commerce -- Management
- Management information systems
- Business enterprises -- Communication systems -- Management
- Computer networks -- Management
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books