Understanding Greek vases: a guide to terms, styles, and techniques
"What is a pyxis? Who was the Amasis Painter? What is Six's technique? This illustrated book presents definitions and descriptions of these and many other Greek vase shapes, painters, and techniques encountered in museum exhibitions and publications on ancient Greek ceramics. An essay on how to look at Greek vases and another on conservation of ancient ceramics lay the ground for the concise and readable explanations of the terms most frequently confronting museum-goers. This is an indispensable guide to anyone wishing to obtain greater understanding of Greek ceramics and heightened enjoyment of them."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 153) and index.
- LCC: NK4645
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: ix, 157 p. : ill. (some col.), map ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: 0892365998
Buying This Book
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books