This book introduces a new concept explaining psychological difficulties and recovery. It is for use in self-help, by providers, and teachers of mental healthcare offering important applications for a full spectrum of therapeutic understanding. There is a reciprocal information circuit between the brain, emotions, body, and immune system functions. Hypothesized is a mental immune system (MIS) guardian of the mind and emotions like the body�s immune system is the guardian against physical illness. Thus, mental illness is in the realm of the MIS, MIS disorders (MISD), including the concept of MISD autoimmune disorders and MIS treatment (MIST). Disorders are discussed as a continuum from MIS function to dysfunction. For example, initial anxiety is an MIS primal, involuntary, and alerting response that may become an excessively inflamed over-response as an MISD anxiety disorder. Treatment and recovery involve multi-level brain function integration. Mental Immune System Treatment (MIST) integrates cognitive, emotional, behavioral, sensory, and all varieties of human processing to maximize learning and mental rehabilitation.
- Dewey Decimal: 362
- Physical Description: 5.8"x8.8"x0.7"; 0.7 lb; 217 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2008-01-21
- Health, Mind & Body -- Mental Health -- General
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Mental Illness
- Health, Mind & Body -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books