Tourism and the Less Developed World Issues and Case Studies Issues and Case Studies
This multi-author book covers tourism and development issues from less developed societies and countries from around the world, with chapters on specific regions and specific themes that emerge from the interaction of tourism with such societies.
Contents; Notes on Contributors; Preface; 1 Less Developed Countries and Tourism: the Overall Pattern; 2 Tourism and Less Developed Countries: Key Issues; 3 Tourism Challenges in Developing Nations: Continuity and Change at the Millennium; 4 Human Resources in Tourism Development: African Perspectives; 5 Tourism in the Southern Common Market: MERCOSUL; 6 Tourism and Development in Communist and Post-communist Societies; 7 Tourism Development in China: the Dilemma of Bureaucratic Decentralization and Economic Liberalization. 8 Japan and Tourism in the Pacific Rim: Locating a Sphere of Influence in the Global Economy9 Indian Tourism: Policy, Performance and Pitfalls; 10 The Journey: an Overview of Tourism and Travel in the Arab/Islamic Context; 11 Mass Tourism and Alternative Tourism in the Caribbean; 12 Resort-based Tourism on the Pleasure Periphery; 13 Child Sex Tourism in Thailand; 14 Community-based Ecotourism, Social Exclusion and the Changing Political Economy of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa; 15. Electronic reproduction.Available via World Wide Web.
- LCC: G155
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 284 p.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books