Ever since BBC Radio Nottingham was launched in 1968 Colin Slater has been the Voice of Notts County. On radio alone he has covered over 2,000 matches and, before then, was a newspaper journalist, writing about the Magpies in the Nottingham daily and football papers. It is that experience which has given him a first-hand and unique insight in to the affairs of the world's oldest Football League club for over 50 years. He was recognised in 2001 ""for service to radio and the community in Nottinghamshire"" with the award of the MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours; in 2009 with a Lifetime Achievement Award by the Sony Radio Academy; in 2010 by being granted the Freedom of the Borough of Broxtowe; and in 2011 with a Certificate of Achievement by the Nottinghamshire Football Association. This very personal and revealing record of Notts County from 1959 to 2011, as entertaining, informative and incisive as his radio commentaries, coincides with the club's 150th anniversary year which is celebrated in 2012.
- Physical Description: 6.5"x9.1"x0.9"; 1.1 lb; 160 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2012-01-01
- Humor & Entertainment -- Radio -- General Broadcasting
- Sports & Outdoors -- Biographies
- Sports & Outdoors -- Soccer
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books