The Writer�s Handbook for College and Career helps students write successfully in college and prepares them for writing in the workplace. Students want to learn how to improve their writing in college, but they also want to learn how to transfer these writing skills to their workplace. The Writer�s Handbook for College and Careeroffers complete coverage of topics expected in a handbook�writing, research, and grammar�that students use through out their college experience, but it goes one step farther and includes instruction and examples that span a range of workplace situations. For example, chapters on argument, design, and presentations discuss fundamental principles but then also explore how usage strategies vary in classroom or workplace settings. Students learn practical writing skills they can use to connect the writing they do in college to the writing they do at work.
- Dewey Decimal: 808
- Physical Description: 5.8"x8.3"x1.0"; 1.2 lb; 576 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2009-11-19
- Literature & Fiction -- Books & Reading -- Literacy
- Nonfiction -- Education -- General
- Nonfiction -- Education -- General AAS
- Reference -- Foreign Languages -- General
- Reference -- Words & Language -- Rhetoric
- Reference -- Words & Language -- Study & Teaching
- Reference -- Writing -- General
- Reference -- Writing -- General AAS
- Reference -- General
- Reference -- General AAS
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books