The World's Great Battleships: From the Middle Ages to the Present
With their irresistible mixture of strength, power, and awesome beauty, nothing will ever match the battleship as the symbol of naval might. The World's Great Battleships is an in-depth study of these magnificent fighting vessels throughout history. Beginning with the lumbering hulks of the late Middle Ages, it charts the story of the battleship to their decline after WWII. The authoritative text documents the continued attempts of designers to both maximize firepower and bolster protection. This volume is highly illustrated with over 120 b/w photos and color illustrations, many of which show cut-away views. Also included are specifications such as armament, displacement, dimensions, propulsion, speed, and complement. Sail the seas with the mightiest ships to have ever left port, like the Dreadnought, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Yamato, and Iowa.
- Dewey Decimal: 359.83
- Physical Description: 8.3"x11.2"x0.7"; 1.8 lb; 160 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2000-09
- History -- Americas -- United States -- General
- History -- Military -- Naval
- History -- Military -- Weapons & Warfare -- Conventional -- General
- History -- Military Science
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books