The world health report 2002 reducing risks, promoting healthy life
The report describes the amount of disease, disability and death in the world today that can be attributed to a selected number of the most important risks to human health and also calculates how much of this present burden could be avoided in the next couple of decades if the same risk factors were reduced. It shows how some of those possible reductions can be achieved in a range of cost-effective ways--P. xiii.
Includes bibliographical references and index. Message from the Director-General --Overview --ch. 1.Protecting the people --ch. 2.Defining and assessing risks to health --ch. 3.Perceiving risks --ch. 4.Quantifying selected major risks to health --ch. 5.Some strategies to reduce risk --ch. 6.Strengthening risk prevention policies --ch. 7.Preventing risks and taking action --Statistical annex --List of member states by WHO region and mortality stratum. Also available via the World Wide Web. Electronic reproduction.Boulder, Colo. :NetLibrary,2003.Available via World Wide Web.Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
- LCC: RA8
- Dewey Decimal: 362.1
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xx, 248 p. : ill.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)
- World Health Organization
- World health
- Quality of Life
- Medical care, Cost of
- Medical policy
- Medical care -- Needs assessment
- Risk Factors
- Risk Assessment -- methods
- Risk Management -- methods
- Cost of Illness
- Health Care Costs -- trends
- Health Policy -- trends
- Electronic books
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books