The U. S. Army/Marine Corps Counterinsurgency Field Manual
When the U.S. military invaded Iraq, it lacked a common understanding of the problems inherent in counterinsurgency campaigns. It had neither studied them, nor developed doctrine and tactics to deal with them. It is fair to say that in 2003, most Army officers knew more about the U.S. Civil War than they did about counterinsurgency. The U.S. Army / Marine Corps Counterinsurgency Field Manual was written to fill that void. The result of unprecedented collaboration among top U.S. military experts, scholars, and practitioners in the field, the manual espouses an approach to combat that emphasizes.
Contents; List of Tables, Figures, and Vignettes; Foreword to the University of Chicago Press edition; Introduction to the University of Chicago Press edition; Foreword; Preface; Acknowledgements; Introduction; Chapter 1. Insurgency and Counterinsurgency; Chapter 2. Unity of Effort: Integrating Civilian and Military Activities; Chapter 3. Intelligence in Counterinsurgency; Chapter 4. Designing Counterinsurgency Campaigns and Operations; Chapter 5. Executing Counterinsurgency Operations; Chapter 6. Developing Host-Nation Security Forces; Chapter 7. Leadership and Ethics for Counterinsurgency. Chapter 8. SustainmentAppendix A. A Guide for Action; Appendix B. Social Network Analysis and Other Analytical Tools; Appendix C. Linguist Support; Appendix D. Legal Considerations; Appendix E. Airpower in Counterinsurgency; Source Notes; Glossary; Annotated Bibliography; Military References; Index. Electronic reproduction.Available via World Wide Web.
- Dewey Decimal: 355.0218
- Physical Description: 474 p.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books