The Treasure Hunter's Gem & Mineral Guides to the U.S.A.: Where & How to Dig, Pan and Mine Your Own Gems & Minerals: Southwest States
Whether you are an experienced rockhound or "prospector", or just digging for the first time, with a simple rock hammer and a little luck, you too can strike it rich ...or at the very least, have fun trying. From rubies, opals and gold, to emeralds, aquamarine and diamonds, each guide offers state-by-state details on more than 250 gems and minerals the United States has to offer, and the very affordable "fee dig" sites where they can be found. The authors offer easy-to-use information on the ins and outs of "fee dig" mining, complete with locations, costs, tips on technique, entertaining legends and important information on everything from safety kits to where the nearest restrooms are.Included are resources for use in identifying finds, polishing stones and having them made into jewellery and further pursuing this exciting, and possibly profitable, hobby. Focusing on the four major regions of the U.S., each guide covers: Gem & Mineral Sites - Locations of sites with directions and maps, the gems and minerals to be found, hours, fees and equipment needed. It also includes info on guide services, additional attractions and features at each site, local camping information and more; Museums & Mine Tours - Where to visit commercial and historical mines, as well as museums with exhibits of gems and minerals (for help in learning what to look for); and Special Events & Tourist Information - Listings of regional events involving gems and minerals, and sources of general travel and tourism information for every state.
- Dewey Decimal: 552
- Physical Description: 6.0"x8.9"x0.6"; 0.7 lb; 205 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2008-04
- Entertainment -- Puzzles & Games
- Outdoors & Nature -- Field Guides -- Rocks & Minerals
- Science -- Biological Sciences -- Animals -- Fossils
- Science -- Earth Sciences -- Geology
- Science -- Nature & Ecology -- Rocks & Minerals
- Travel -- Specialty Travel -- Travel with Pets
- Travel -- United States -- Regions -- West
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books