Arthur Szyk (pronounced �Shick�) created his magnificent Haggadah in Lodz, on the eve of the Nazi occupation of his native Poland. There is no Haggadah like it, before or since, filled with sumptuous paintings of Jewish heroes and stunning calligraphy. This edition, the first since 1940 to be reproduced from Szyk�s original art, boasts a newly commissioned and extremely practical English text by Rabbi Byron L. Sherwin, ideal for use at any family Seder, and a special commentary section by Rabbi Sherwin and Irvin Ungar gives insight into both the rituals of the Seder and Szyk�s rich illustrations. Available in both hardcover and paperback editions, The Szyk Haggadah will transform the Seder, bringing the story of the Exodus from Egypt into a more contemporary light.
- Dewey Decimal: 296
- Physical Description: 128 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2011-03-15
- Religion & Spirituality -- Judaism -- Haggadah
- Religion & Spirituality -- Judaism -- Holidays
- Religion & Spirituality -- Judaism -- Jewish Life
- Religion & Spirituality -- Judaism -- Sacred Writings
Buying This Book
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books