The state and the poor: public policy and political development in India and the United States
Includes bibliographical references (p. 273-303) and index.
- LCC: HC440
- Dewey Decimal: 362.5/8/0954
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 312 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
- Rural poor -- Government policy -- India
- Rural poor -- Government policy -- United States
- Rural development -- Government policy -- India
- New Deal, 1933-1939
- India -- Social conditions -- 1947
- United States -- Social conditions -- 1933-1945
- Poor persons -- Welfare services -- History
- United States
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books