The 'social' as metaphor and the case of cooperatives: a critique of economic individualism
Includes bibliographical references (p. -230) and index. Preface /Marie L. Pellegrin-Rescia --Pt. I.The 'social' as metaphor /Marie L. Pellegrin-Rescia --1.The thinking-talking human being and his categories of thought --2.The speaking-acting subject and the symbolic field of language --3.The speaking-acting individual and the imaginary of the social field --4.Interdependence and places of wandering : a history of places and bonds --5.Symbolic delimitation versus imaginary bonds --6.Anthropological debt versus imaginary work places --7.Readiness to lose versus imaginary places of production --8.Conclusion to part I --Pt. II.Cooperatives as examples and their paradoxes /Yair Levi --9.Images, myths and stereotypes --10.Origins and constituent elements --11.Tensions and inconsistencies --12.Interpreting the socio-economic duality --13.Paradoxes of cooperatives --14.The case studies -- 15.What have we learned from cooperatives? --16.Summary and conclusions --Epilogue : beyond the 'social' as metaphor /Marie L. Pellegrin-Rescia --17.Thinking 'nestedness' as a system of constituent rules --18.Thinking the political with the categories of the symbolic : the example of South Africa --19.The virtual more real than reality : the Citta Aperta of Sicily --Conclusions /Marie L. Pellegrin-Rescia and Yair Levi.
- LCC: HC26
- Dewey Decimal: 334/.01
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvii, 235 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Buying This Book
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books