The second family: how adolescent power is challenging the American family
"What the hell is going on?" Why we don't know our kids -- "You adults don't have a clue" Understanding the second family -- "I'm not who you think I am" The two faces of teens -- "Why don't your invite your friends over?" Dealing with the second family -- "Don't let me slip away" Lying and the empathic envelope -- "Listen to me!" Increasing empathy and self-reflection -- "How dare you!" Dealing with privacy, confidentiality, and other matters of trust - "Don't you grownups ever talk to each other" Creating adult partnerships to protect kids.
- LCC: HQ796
- Dewey Decimal: 306.874
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 204 p. ; 24 cm.
- Amazon.com -- Parenting & Families -- Parenting -- General
- Amazon.com -- Parenting & Families -- Parenting -- Teenagers
- Teenagers -- Social networks
- Parent and teenager
- Popular culture
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books