The scar of visibility medical performances and contemporary art
NetLibrary VIII updated 20090721 Includes bibliographical references (p. 239-254) and index. Introduction: bodily fantasies -- Visions of anatomy: space, exhibitions, and dense bodies -- Living bodies: staging knowledge, fantasy, and temporality -- The collaborative arts: pain and performance -- Intersections: blood, laughter, and the space-off -- Monsters, cyborgs, animals: crashes, cuttings, and migraines -- Medical museums and art display: the discourses of AIDS -- Reaching out: outsider art, specialists, and positions in between -- Epilogue: fantasies in the sand. Electronic reproduction.Boulder, Colo. :NetLibrary,2007.Available via World Wide Web.Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
- LCC: N6494
- Dewey Decimal: 709.05
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: ix, 259 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)
- Body art
- Performance art
- Medicine and art
- Art -- Psychological aspects
- Medicine in Art
- Electronic books
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books