Nick decides to hit the streets -- he can't bear the thought of sharing his mother with her new husband and the baby on the way. Isn't he enough for her? Thinking his mother no longer cares, Nick takes refuge in an abandoned house, where he meets Luther, a curmudgeonly street person. An unlikely friendship develops between the pair, prompting Nick to study street people for a school project. When his essay ends up on the front page of the local newspaper, both their lives are changed. The Runaways is a coming-to-terms-with-life novel that shows how running away is never the answer.
- Physical Description: 168 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 1997-06-18
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books