The Road to Jerusalem : Glubb Pasha, Palestine and the Jews
General Sir John Glubb was the last British pro-Consul of the region and commander of the Arab Legion during the crucial years between 1936 and 1956. He was witness to the collapse of Palestine and the final foundation and establishment of the State of Israel. Now in paperback, this book looks at Glubb's personal vision of the Middle East and its peoples. Morris examines his reactions to the Arab Revolt in Palestine and the periodic plans to partition Palestine and establish a Jewish state. This masterful account offers the first in-depth look at Glubb's of his thinking, aims and actions during 1948, as he led his small army into Palestine and war against Israel.
- Physical Description: 6.1"x9.2"x0.9"; 320 pages; 1.1 lb
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2003-10-03
- Amazon.com -- History -- Jewish -- General
- Amazon.com -- History -- Middle East -- General
- Amazon.com -- History -- Middle East -- Israel
- Amazon.com -- Nonfiction -- Politics -- General
- Amazon.com -- Nonfiction -- Politics -- History & Theory
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books