The practical pediatrician: the A to Z guide to your child's health, behavior, and safety
"Designed to meet parents' informational and record-keeping needs, The Practical Pediatrician provides a special fold-out guide for the ongoing process of child-proofing the home; the flip side of this chart has a checklist for recording your child's immunizations. A special section in the back of the book offers charts listing what to expect at well-child visits, with pertinent questions to ask your doctor, as well as growth and head-circumference measurement charts to track your child's progress."--BOOK JACKET. "Written with modern parents in mind, Drs. Markel and Oski discuss newly important topics such as health issues related to TV, video games, and the Internet; obesity; choosing and evaluating day care; passive smoking; disposable vs. cloth diapers; negotiating with your child; AIDS; saying "No" to drugs; handling disagreements between parents; and talking with your child about divorce and death. Throughout, the authors deal with issues of particular interest to both single parents and two-career households."--BOOK JACKET. "The wealth of information conveyed with reassuring advice, humor, and the invaluable expertise of Howard Markel and Frank Oski, makes The Practical Pediatrician a perfect guide through the questions and rewards of parenthood."--BOOK JACKET.
"Scientific American books"--Cover. Includes index.
- LCC: RJ61
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xx, 364 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardcover)
- Health, Mind & Body -- Personal Health -- Women's Health -- Pregnancy & Childbirth -- General
- Health, Mind & Body -- Reference
- Parenting & Families -- Family Health
- Parenting & Families -- Parenting -- General
- Parenting & Families -- General
- Pediatrics -- Popular works
- Children -- Health and hygiene
- Children -- Diseases
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books