The politics of war and the culture of violence: north-south essays
Includes bibliographical references and index. The polity as family and fortress -- Phallic symbols in politics and war -- The resurrection of the warrior tradition -- Conflict in Africa : an overview -- Conflict and the bondage of boundaries -- Nationalism, ethnicity and violence : the culture and ethnicity of combat -- Liberation wars as clashes of civilizations : from Nelson Mandela to Yasir Arafat -- Nationalism, power and Africa at war : in search of pan-African solutions -- Towards postcolonial pacification : Africa between war and peace -- Numerical strength and nuclear status in the politics of the third world -- The barrel of the gun and the barrel of oil -- The computer culture and nuclear power : African implications -- Africa in a world of disorder : waning racism and waxing culture conflict -- Between global governance and global war : Africa before and after September 11 -- Conflicts of identity and conflicts of values : Africa between ethnicity and religion.
- LCC: HN780
- Dewey Decimal: 303.6096
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiv, 320 p. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (hard cover)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books