The political road to war with Iraq: Bush, 9/11 and the drive to overthrow Saddam
Includes bibliographical references (p. 172-222) and index. Oil and Persian Gulf security : the context of regime termination -- Containment-plus : Clinton and Iraq at the end of the 1990s -- Containment under pressure : opposition from Congress and conservative think-tanks -- Rethinking Iraq : a new president and new foreign policy -- September 11 and Iraq -- Constructing the case : from the "axis of evil" to the United Nations -- From the United Nations to war -- Unqualified support : Congress and war with Iraq -- Finding the evidence -- The neo-conservative worldview -- Conclusion : an endless road?
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 228 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (ebk)
- Bush, George W. -- (George Walker),1946-Political and social views
- Iraq War, 2003-Causes
- September 11 Terrorist Attacks, 2001 -- Influence
- War on Terrorism, 2001-Political aspects
- Intervention (International law)
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Iraq
- Iraq -- Foreign relations -- United States
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 2001
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1993-2001
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books