Includes bibliographical references and index. Conversion factors, equations, and units of energy --Ch. 1.Structure and function --Ch. 2.Growth and cell division --Ch. 3.Membrane bioenergetics: The proton potential --Ch. 4.Electron transport --Ch. 5.Photosynthesis --Ch. 6.The regulation of metabolic pathways --Ch. 7.Bioenergetics in the cytosol --Ch. 8.Central metabolic pathways --Ch. 9.Metabolism of lipids, nucleotides, amino acids, and hydrocarbons --Ch. 10.Macromolecular synthesis --Ch. 11.Cell wall and capsule biosynthesis --Ch. 12.Inorganic metabolism --Ch. 13.C[subscript 1] metabolism --Ch. 14.Fermentations --Ch. 15.Homeostasis --Ch. 16.Solute transport --Ch. 17.Protein export and secretion --Ch. 18.Adaptive and developmental changes --Ch. 19.How bacteria respond to environmental stress.
- LCC: QR88
- Dewey Decimal: 571.2/93
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxiii, 565 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books