Includes bibliographical references (p. -470) and indexes. The origin of eukaryotes -- Genome size and organismal complexity -- The human genome -- Why population size matters -- Three keys to chromosomal integrity -- The nucleotide composition landscape -- Mobile genetic elements -- Genomic expansion by gene duplication -- Genes in pieces -- Transcript production -- Expansion and contraction of organelle genomes -- Sex chromosomes -- Genomfart.
- LCC: QH390
- Dewey Decimal: 572.8/38
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvi, 494 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
- Evolutionary genetics
- Molecular evolution
- Population genetics
- Genome -- genetics
- Eukaryotic cells
- Evolution, Molecular
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books