The Methods and Skills of History: A Practical Guide
Like its predecessors, the third edition of one of our most popular texts, The Methods and Skills of History: A Practical Guide, is a dynamic text/workbook that combines theory with hands-on practice, providing engaging essays, documents, and exercises designed to make history more meaningful and accessible to student readers whether they are majoring in history, taking a history course as an elective, or simply reading history on their own as well as strengthen their critical-thinking and communication skills. While this third edition retains the essence of its highly successful predecessor in the form of its practical, timely advice on research and writing and field-tested exercises, it features important modifications as well, including a reorganization of the chapters to progress even more smoothly from a theoretical discussion of the nature of history (Part I), to practical considerations involved in confronting historical accounts (Part II) to actually doing history (Part III). The final section (Part IV) provides a brief overview of how history as a discipline evolved and how it relates to other academic disciplines, as well as appendices that comprise interesting historical documents and helpful source references and bibliographies.
- Dewey Decimal: 907.6
- Physical Description: 8.4"x10.9"x0.5"; 1.4 lb; 282 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2010-01-04
- History -- Historical Study -- Historiography
- History -- Historical Study -- Study & Teaching
- History -- World -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Education -- Specific Skills -- Humanities
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books