The melodramatic imagination: Balzac, Henry James, melodrama, and the mode of excess
Reprint. Originally published: New Haven : Yale University Press, 1976. Bibliography: p. 207-227. Includes index. Bibliography: p. 207-227.
- LCC: PN1912
- Dewey Decimal: 809.3/1
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvi, 235 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.) :$12.50
- Balzac, Honor?e de,1799-1850 -- Criticism and interpretation
- James, Henry,1843-1916 -- Criticism and interpretation
- Fiction -- 19th century -- History and criticism
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books