The medieval poetics of the reliquary: enshrinement, inscription, performance
Includes bibliographical references (p. -230) and index. The poetics of enshrinement -- Silent inscription, spoken ceremony : Saint Erkenwald and the enshrined judge -- The N-town Assumption's impossible reliquary -- Enshrining form : Pearl as inscriptional object and devotional event -- Reliquaries of the mind : figuration, enshrinement, and performance in The pardoner's tale.
- LCC: PR255
- Dewey Decimal: 820.9/382
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvi, 245 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
- Chaucer, Geoffrey,d. 1400 -- Book of the Duchesse
- Saint Erkenwald (Middle English poem)
- N-Town plays
- Pearl (Middle English poem)
- English literature -- Middle English, 1100-1500 -- History and criticism
- Reliquaries, Medieval
- Sacred space in literature
- Inscriptions in literature
- Performance in literature
Buying This Book
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books