The Internet of Things: From RFID to the Next-Generation Pervasive Networked Systems (Wireless Networks and Mobile Communications)
Ubiquitous and pervasive technologies such as RFID and smart computing promise a world of networked and interconnected devices. Everything from tires to toothbrushes could soon be in communications range, heralding the dawn of an era in which today�s Internet of People gives way to tomorrow�s Internet of Things � where billions of objects will have the ability to report their location, identity, and history over wireless connections. Connectivity and Communication � Anything, Anywhere, and Anytime An examination of the exciting expansion period in this research, The Internet of Things: From RFID to the Next-Generation Pervasive Networked Systems provides comprehensive, technical, and practical deploying policy guidance that covers fundamentals and recent advances in pervasive networked systems. The book addresses the conceptual and technical issues that influence the technology roadmap and gives an in-depth introduction to the Internet of Things and its effect on businesses and individuals. Discussing case studies, experience reports, and best practice, it contains information on emerging technologies, market opportunities, and policy implications. Practical Guidance and Balanced Coverage The first book of its kind to address major new technological developments and define the Internet of Things, this text provides balanced coverage of theory and practical issues. Reflecting research trends and industry needs, itis a comprehensive technical and practical guide to recent advances in pervasive networked systems.
- Dewey Decimal: 384.5
- Physical Description: 6.1"x9.4"x0.9"; 3.2 lb; 336 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2008-03-05
- Computers & Internet -- Networking -- Wireless Networks
- Computers & Internet -- Networking -- Networks, Protocols & APIs -- Networks
- Computers & Internet -- Networking -- Networks, Protocols & APIs -- General
- Computers & Internet -- Certification Central -- General
- Computers & Internet -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Electrical & Electronics -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Electrical & Electronics -- Electricity Principles
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Telecommunications -- General
- Science -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books