The informal economy and employment in Brazil: Latin America, modernization, and social changes
"The informal economy did not disappear, nor did it decrease. Despite early predictions of its eventual demise, it has not only grown worldwide, but also emerged in new forms and unexpected places. This book presents some in-depth cases regarding specific informal economic activities in Brazil. Using an ethnographic approach, the Author shows the social and economic processes that allow the informal economy to be reproduced, revealing the complex and heterogeneous relations between the formal and the informal parts of economy. Throughout detailed descriptions of informality in action, the book provides interesting starting-points to investigate the renewed dilemmas of the informal economy and its linkages with globalization processes"-- Provided by publisher.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- LCC: HD2346
- Dewey Decimal: 330
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xviii, 270 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Edition Info: (hc)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books