The evolution of modern states Sweden, Japan, and the United States
"The Evolution of Modern States: Sweden, Japan, and the United States examines the politics, history, and public policy of three countries in three different continents. Written from an evolutionary perspective, it shows how these countries' economic systems, social welfare policies, and political institutions have co-evolved over time to give these countries remarkably different abilities to adapt to the pressures they face in the twenty-first century. The book's wide-ranging historical analysis will be of interest to students of history, politics, and political economy"--Provided by publisher.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 235-258) and index.
- LCC: JC131
- Dewey Decimal: 320.1
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (xviii, 264 p.) : ill.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)
- State, The -- History
- Sweden -- Politics and government
- Japan -- Politics and government
- United States -- Politics and government
- Comparative government
- Electronic books
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books