Includes bibliographical references (p. 197-205) and index. Pt. 1. Helping: The Role and Influence of the Helper. 1. An Introduction to the Formal Process of Helping. 2. Helper Variables: What the Helper Brings to the Helping Relationship -- Pt. 2. Ethics and Standards of Practice: The Profession's Response. 3. Ethical Standards: Guidelines for Helping Others. 4. Ethics and the Law -- Pt. 3. The Nature of the Helping Relationship. 5. Ethical Conflicts: The System and the Interests of Others. 6. Informed Consent. 7. Confidentiality. 8. Boundaries and the Ethical Use of Power -- Pt. 4. The Process of Helping. 9. Efficacy of Treatment. 10. Evaluation and Accountability -- App. B. Codes of Ethics and Standards of Professional Practice.
- LCC: BJ1725
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiii, 224 p. ; 24 cm.
- Amazon.com -- Business & Investing -- Reference -- Ethics
- Amazon.com -- Nonfiction -- Current Events -- Poverty -- Social Services & Welfare
- Amazon.com -- Nonfiction -- Philosophy -- Ethics & Morality
- Amazon.com -- Nonfiction -- Politics -- General
- Amazon.com -- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- General
- Amazon.com -- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Social Work
- Professional ethics
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books