The enduring library: technology, tradition, and the quest for balance
Includes bibliographical references and index. The way we live now : libraries today -- Communications technology, 1875 to now -- Communication technology and libraries today -- Reading in a digital world -- The nature of the Web -- Reference work in technologically advanced libraries -- Cataloguing in the twenty-first century -- Challenges of the future -- The future of libraries : a research agenda -- Information overload and stress : the ailments of modern living -- Seeking harmony and balance.
- LCC: Z716.4
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiii, 157 p. ; 23 cm.
- Libraries and society
- Libraries -- Aims and objectives
- Libraries -- Automation
- Library science -- Technological innovations
- Library science -- Forecasting
- Librarians -- Professional ethics
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books