Includes index. Putting the earth in a book -- Earth is unique -- Bombardment from space -- Dawn of earth history -- Lines of fire -- The moving crust -- Explosive volcanoes -- Lava eruptions -- Shaking the earth -- Mountain building -- Continents collide -- Making the crust -- The crust wears down -- Layering the lands -- The crust changes -- Amazing earth -- Planet water -- The ocean floor -- The life of a river -- Coastlines -- Underground water -- Ice regions -- Rivers of ice -- Deserts -- Soil supports life -- Earth's ingredients -- Igneous rocks -- Sedimentary rocks -- Metamorphic rocks -- Age of the earth.
- LCC: G1046
- Dewey Decimal: 912
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 1 atlas (63 p.) : col. maps, col. ill. ; 36 cm.
- Edition Info: $19.95
- Physical geography -- Maps for children
- Geology -- Maps for children
- Children's atlases
- Earth sciences
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books