The cycle of family homelessness: a social policy reader
Cover title. Includes bibliographical references. Introduction -- The new poverty: a generation of homeless families -- Access to success: meeting the educational needs of homeless children and families -- Homelessness: the foster care connection -- Job readiness: crossing the threshold from homelessness to employment -- An American family myth: every child at risk -- A tale of two nations: the creation of American poverty nomads -- The age of confusion: why teens are getting pregnant, turning to welfare and ending up homeless -- Common sense: why jobs and training alone won't end welfare for homeless families -- For whom the bell tolls: the institutionalization of homeless families in America -- Day to day ... parent to child: the future of family violence among homeless children in America -- Homeless families today: our challenge tomorrow -- Appendix A: case studies -- Appendix B: the American family inn model.
- LCC: HV4505
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 67 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Homeless families -- United States
- Homeless children -- United States
- Homeless persons -- Services for -- United States
- Family social work -- United States
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books