Includes bibliographical references (p. -179) and index. Athlete as anthropologist, anthropologist as athlete -- A social history of sport for the disabled -- Paralympic "lived history" : reflections of a participant observer -- The politics of sporting disablement -- Mediated paralympic culture -- The imperfect body and sport -- Technology and the paralympic games -- Accommodating paralympic bodies.
- LCC: GV709.3
- Dewey Decimal: 796.087
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: x. 187 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (ebook)
- Sports for people with disabilities -- Social aspects
- Athletes with disabilities -- Social conditions
- Sports for people with disabilities
- Electronic books
- Paralympics -- Social aspects
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books