The Catholic Marxist-Ideological Dialogue in Poland, 1945-1980
The conflicts, confrontations and interactions between Catholicism and Marxism in the Polish People's Republic that was formed and taken over by Marxist communists after World War II are part of a complex picture. This book concentrates on the effect that Marxism and Catholicism had on each other. The main subject of the work is the intellectuals and groups playing a significant role in Polish ideological discourse from 1945 to 1980. The material is organized according to the appearance of the new Catholic and Marxist ideas, and its purpose is a study of the bilateral influence of Marxism and Catholicism on attempts to accommodate moral and social philosophy.
- Dewey Decimal: 261.21
- Physical Description: 6.2"x8.8"x0.5"; 0.8 lb; 160 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 1991-06
- Christian Books & Bibles -- Catholicism
- History -- Europe -- Eastern
- History -- Europe -- Poland
- History -- World
- Education & Reference
- Religion & Spirituality -- Religious Studies -- Church & State
- Politics & Social Sciences -- Philosophy
- Politics & Social Sciences -- Politics
- Politics & Social Sciences -- Social Sciences
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books