Oceanic aficionados, nautical buffs, and photography fans, ahoy! Gear up for the full-gale force of The Book of Waves. With more than 100 oceanic photos, from the pounding pipelines of the Pacific to the bright coral cacophonies of the Caribbean, this spectacular photo-essay is a beach lover's delight. Along with stories from crusty seaman who braved some of the century's harshest storms and harrowing accounts from professional surfers, The Book of Waves includes technical descriptions of wave cycles and three-dimensional illustrations. What's more, the text is generously sprinkled with water-related quotes from Lord Byron, William Shakespeare, Walt Whitman, and Rudyard Kipling.
- Dewey Decimal: 779.37
- Physical Description: 11.6"x11.6"x0.7"; 2.5 lb; 180 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 1997-12-23
- Arts & Photography -- Photography -- Photo Essays
- Science & Math -- Nature & Ecology -- Oceans & Seas -- Oceanography
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books