The author examines the causes of the U.S. stock market crash of 2008 and its relation to overpriced real estate, bad mortgages, shareholder demand for excessive profits, and the growth of toxic derivatives.
A secret origin story -- In the land of the blind -- "How can a guy who can't speak English lie?" -- How to harvest a migrant worker -- Accidental capitalists -- Spider-man at the Venetian -- The great treasure hunt -- The long quiet -- A death of interest -- Two men in a boat.
- LCC: HC106.83
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xviii, 266 p. ; 25 cm.
- Business & Investing -- Economics -- Economic Conditions
- Business & Investing -- Economics -- General
- Business & Investing -- International -- Economic Conditions
- Business & Investing -- General
- Business & Investing -- General AAS
- Global Financial Crisis, 2008-2009
- Financial crises -- United States -- History -- 21st century
- United States -- Economic conditions -- 2001-2009
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books