The best history of boxing classics just got a lot better. A special full colour report chronicles Mike Tyson's career and controversial first-round victory over Peter McNeeley. With this book, readers can trace the evolution of boxing from the 1920's to the present. Through profiles of boxers, examination of boxing controversies, opinions by boxing insiders, fight summaries and analysis of the skills of all-time great boxers, the reader is offered a comprehensive of what A.J. Liebling called 'The Sweet Science'. Experience first-hand accounts of the great matchups - Dempdey vs. Tunney, Louis vs. Schmeling, Dempey vs. Firpo, Zale vs. Graziano, Ali vs. Foreman, and many more classics. The Ring - 'The Bible of Boxing' - brings you the best features stories and columns that have spread in that magazine since its first edition debuted on news-stands on 15 February 1922. Includes more than 100 rare boxing photographs from 'The Ring' archives recapture great boxing moments and the personalities who created them.
- Dewey Decimal: 796
- Physical Description: 8.5"x10.9"x0.9"; 1.9 lb; 296 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 1996-03
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books