The Art & Craft of Story: 2nd Practitioner's Manual
The sequel to Mixon's popular The Art & Craft of Fiction: A Practitioner's Manual, her new book, The Art & Craft of Story: 2nd Practitioner's Manual, explores in detail the complex crafts of character development and plot structure, explaining and illuminating exactly how the greats have done this work to such powerful effect and teaching how to apply their lessons to your own fiction. Mixon includes dozens of examples from the literary canon along with a step-by-step analysis of six brilliant stories from which their genres sprang, as well as discussing the grand art of storytelling, from character arc/narrative arc to three-dimensional graphing, from hunting the ghost tiger to the Tao of theme. Again, Mixon's voice is warm and entertaining, your personal welcome into the greater fellowship of all writers.
- Physical Description: 6.0"x9.0"x0.8"; 1.0 lb; 316 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2011-09-30
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books