The American Journey: Update Edition, Volume 1 (5th Edition)
The American Journey, a cornerstone series for the U.S. History market, successfully blends the coverage of political and social histories of our great nation throughout the series. With this focus, the authors show that our attempt to live up to our American ideals is an ongoing journey. This journey, while still a work in progress, is increasingly more inclusive of different groups and ideas. The path that led the authors to The American Journey began in the classroom with their students. The goal of this text is to make American history accessible to students. The key to that goal--the core of the book--is a strong, clear narrative and a positive theme of The American "Journey." American history is a compelling story that the authors tell in an engaging, forthright way, while providing students with tools to help them absorb that story and put it into context. This text combines political and social history, to fit the experience of particular groups into the broader perspective of the American past, to give voice to minor and major players alike, because the history of America is in the stories of its people.
- Dewey Decimal: 973
- Physical Description: 8.9"x10.7"x0.9"; 2.6 lb; 512 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2009-02-16
- History -- Americas -- United States -- General
- History -- Americas -- United States -- General AAS
- History -- World -- General
- History -- World -- General AAS
- History -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books